1. Unless specified, the captain and assistant only speak Spanish with very little English. If you don’t speak Spanish we ensure the trip is planned and discussed so well that communication isn’t necessary. Guides in other languages can be provided with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice and for an additional fee of $300,000 COP.
2. Transportation to and from the port of departure is not included (unless specified in your plan). Your hotel can organize comfortable taxis which are cheap and the journey only takes around 10 minutes.
3. Departure and return time:
3a. Earliest departure is 9.00am.
3b. Departure time will be set by the customer and won’t affect the latest possible return time of 5.00pm.
3c. Departure and return times will not affect the rental price.
3d. The captain may insist returning prior to 5.00pm if the safety of the passengers is at risk due to severe changes to the weather and wave conditions.
4a. To secure the booking a minimum down payment of 50% of the rental price must be made.
4b. 100% of the confirmed services must be paid prior to boarding.
4c. Pending balance can be paid at the marina on morning of rental using 2 methods:
– Bank card: The amount will be charged in COP; the exchange rate is controlled by your bank.
– Cash: COP or USD (at $2600 COP).
5. Cancellations – made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5a. 30 days or more prior to rental: full refund minus 5% charge of any deposit.
5b. 29 to 15 days prior to rental: refund minus 5% of speedboat price or 15% if a yacht.
5c. 14 to 8 days prior to rental: refund minus 10% of speedboat price or 30% if a yacht.
5d. 7 to 2 days prior to rental: refund minus 20% of speedboat price or 50% if a yacht.
5e. Rental date or 1 day prior to rental: refund minus 50% of speedboat or 70% of yacht price.
5f. Cancellation prior to departure due to bad weather; only made on the morning of the rental and at the discretion of Boating Cartagena: refund given minus 5% of any deposit paid.
6. Rescheduling – to within 3 days original date and subject to availability of new date:
6a. 15 days or more prior to rental: no additional charges applied.
6b. 14 to 8 days prior to rental: no additional charges for speedboats but 10% charged if a yacht.
6c. 7 to 2 days prior to rental: additional 10% of speedboat price or 30% of yacht price charged.
6d. Rental date or 1 day prior to rental: additional 30% of boat price or 50% if a yacht price charged.
6e. Rescheduling prior to departure due to bad weather; only made on the morning of the rental and at the discretion of Boating Cartagena: no additional charges applied. In case the boat is not available the next day or the customer is unavailable to charter due to other commitments for the next day: refund given minus 5% of any deposit paid.
7. Changes by the rental operator
In the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the rental operator, the reserved boat is not available, all possible will be done to supply the hirer with a boat of equivalent or higher comfort, quality and capacity. If this is not possible a full refund is given.
In the event any damage is caused by the passengers to the boat or to its contents, accidental or intentional, the customer is required to pay in full for any repairs or replacements. The passengers will not be held liable for any damage caused by the crew or an employee of Boating Cartagena.